So, you’ve met the dude of your dreams on your summer vacation, holiday weekend, or Scruff…sparks flew on the beach or at that circuit party the moment you both laid eyes on each other. He’s seen you naked, he thinks you’re smokin’ hot in the sheets, and he clearly thinks you have got the brains of a neuro-scientist. But now you want to make him your boyfriend. So… it’s time to impress him with your skills in the kitchen to seal the deal. Since you already got in his pants, the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, dont-cha-know?
Call him up, (be a gentleman, please don’t text) and invite him over to your place and cook him a real meal that will knock his socks, and jock-strap off. And this my friends, is when you seal the deal.
- Clarify beforehand if there is anything he refuses to eat. Just because he ate your meat, doesn’t mean he’ll eat steak for dinner. He might have a restricted diet.
- Make something light and keep portions reasonable. You don’t want either one of you to feel too full or heavy at the end of dinner because you might want to do the ‘adult’ afterwards instead of or for dessert.
- Don’t make anything too spicy or garlicky. Indigestion is the quickest way to kill the sexy vibe you’ve created.
- Keep it simple. Don’t make anything too complicated. You want to impress him with your ease in the kitchen, just like you did in that other room where you sizzle.
Adrian recommends: A fish and seafood dish is usually a sexy main-course option because its light, requires little cooking time, and he can watch you cook it which makes you look like a master-chef!! A deal-sealer, is my secret weapon dish…
Baked Sole Filets with Lemon Caper Butter and Cous-Cous
- 4-6 fresh sole filets
- 1/4 cup pickled capers
- 2 whole lemons, 1 &1/2 juiced, the remaining half of it sliced for garnish
- 1/2 stick of salted butter
- 1/4 cup of good Pinot Grigio wine
- finely chopped Italian parsley for garnish
- black pepper
Step 1 – Preparation
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly salt and pepper both sides of the sole filets and them on a non-stick, lightly oiled wide edged baking sheet or pyrex dish, spreading them at least 2 inches apart.
In a microwavable dish combine the wine, butter, the juice of 1 & 1/2 lemons, capers, and a pinch of salt. Cook on high in the microwave for 1 min 30 seconds so that butter is melted. Remove, stir so that everything is combined and pour mixture over the sole.
Step 2 – Baking
Place the sheet or dish in the middle rack of the oven when ready. Cook for 10-12 minutes, until fish looks golden and delicious.
Step 3 – Plating
Remove from oven when ready. Artfully plate some already prepared cous-cous, (you can use the ones in box, I like the pine nut version, myself.) Place two perfectly cooked sole filets on top of the cous-cous. Spoon some of the lemon caper butter mixture from the pan or dish over the sole. Lightly garnish with some parsley and a few lemon slices…. and presto!
Step 4 – Enjoy
Now it is time for an impressive first date dinner that is sure to make him drool over and beg for seconds. This recipe’s sophisticated flavors and easy prep is a definite date pleaser. And he’ll definitely ask for desert: you!
An alternative for a heartier option, would be Paccheri Con Gamberi, which is a seafood pasta dish. The beauty of this dish is in its simplicity, highlighting the freshness of its few ingredients. It’s an easy recipe that your crush will want to try and will indulge in its sophisticated flavor profile. See how it’s made in my video below.
Follow The Bear-Naked Chef on social media: